Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
South African Reserve Bank

Frequently Asked Questions  

All exchange control related matters must be dealt with through an Authorised Dealer, i.e. commercial bank in South Africa and should you have queries that are not answered below, we suggest that you contact an exchange control consultant at any South African bank who will be in a position to assist and guide you with regard to your exchange control related queries.
Any request/application to the Financial Surveillance Department of the South African Reserve Bank must be submitted by an Authorised Dealer, on behalf of its client.  

·        General information

·         Individuals

·         Emigrants

·         Corporates

·         Inward loans

·         Portfolio investments

·         Inward listings

·         Imports / Exports

·         Business of an Authorised Dealer in foreign exchange with limited authority (ADLA)

·         Crypto assets

.          Unlawful or suspicious foreign exchange activities/transactions 

Sign In
Frequently Asked Questions Help (new window)