This application (“App”) has been developed and is operated and maintained by or on behalf of the South African Reserve Bank (“SARB“, “we” or “us“).
The SARB is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. Under the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect the personal information we collect from you.
3. How we use the information that we collect
The relevant App Store owns the information it collects when you purchase this App through the App Store. They may share some of that information with us, depending on the selections you have made. We will use it, as applicable, to:
· provide you with services or information that you have requested or products or services that you have ordered, such as Apps and subscriptions to Apps;
· monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, this App;
· monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the App, enforce our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which we receive a complaint; and/or
· for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority
4. Who we may share your personal information with:
Agents: we use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from lists. They will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them consent to do so.
Aggregate Information: we may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and App usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
Third Party Analytics Services: we may use the Google Analytics, Flurry or other analytics services to anonymously collect and analyse which pages of the App are viewed and for how long and which links are followed, so that we can provide more content which is of interest to you.
7. Security: While every effort will be made to adopt appropriate security procedures to help prevent unauthorised access to your information, the SARB will not be liable for any attempt to hack or crack or otherwise gain access to any of your information on servers owned and maintained by or on behalf of the SARB Group.